Web Design/Development Terms and Conditions
Web Design/Development Terms and Conditions
- Lonlogic shall expect the client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include ensuring that the website or business will operate legally.
- Lonlogic will provide you a dedicated account manager who will respond to all requests within a maximum time period of 3 working days. In the event that the account manager is not available another employee of Lonlogic step in to ensure continuity of service.
- Each project will be given an estimated completion date. All efforts will be undertaken to complete the project within these dates, however the date is not guaranteed.
- It is important for the client to keep in contact with Lonlogic throughout the entire project. If a client does not make contact for 10 days we will make up to 3 attempts to contact the client. If we do not receive a response to these attempts the project may be terminated and the full cost may be due.
- Payments are exclusive of any tax, unless stimulated in the Invoice. The client will be liable for any tax that is applicable at the prevailing rate.
- Lonlogic will only commence work on a project after receipt of a non refundable deposit of the quoted project fee from the client.
- The final/remaining payment is to be made on completion of the website. The website will be switched to Live Mode once the clients remaining balance is paid in full.
- The deposit is non-refundable and should you wish to cancel at any point during the process you shall remain liable for the work that has taken place and shall be invoiced accordingly.
- The final payment should be paid to Lonlogic within 7 days of the final work being completed. Payments that are 28 days late or more from the first final payment request will incur interest penalties at the rate of 5% above the UK Bank of England base rate of interest.
- Email will be the method of contact with regard to all communication. Although Lonlogic can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our method of communication.
- A final project brief will be sent to the client prior to commencing work. Any changes during the process could incur additional charges.
- Lonlogic will predominantly use open source technologies and has the right to use 3rd party plug-ins or expertise if required on any aspect of the project.
- During the development of this project we will ask you to sign off various stages of the project. Failure to sign off any stage within 7 working days of issue will be deemed that you are happy to continue to the next stage and the project and will be treated as if that stage has been signed off.
- Once a stage has been signed off all work within that stage will be considered final and fully approved by you. Any further change to work that has been signed off may require additional charges.
- Clientwill sign off by email the final project as acknowledgement of satisfaction. Once work has been signed off it will be considered complete by Lonlogic.
- It is the responsibility of the client to provide all text copy and images for the website. If the copy is not provided and delays the project, we will populate all text areas with‘dummy text’ and continue as if the text was provided. At the end of the project the remaining payment will be due. We are not liable for any spelling or grammatical mistakes in the text.
- It is the responsibility of the client to populate the website once the structure has been built by the team.
- Where images used on the website have been purchased by Lonlogic on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. Lonlogic are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other persons copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
- Lonlogic maintain the right to refuse any material which may be deemed offensive, abusive, defamatory, or in any breach of copyright law.
- It is the duty of the client to establish the rights to any material supplied for inclusion in the project. Lonlogic cannot be held liable for any breeches in copyright or privacy as a result of images or content supplied.
- During the contract period including the 30 day free technical support post completion only Lonlogic appointed technicians are to workon the website. Should any non-Lonlogic technicians interfere with the website code or database, the support will void any free support.
- Lonlogic will not be liable for any loss that may occur before, during or after the development of this project. This includes but is not limited to financial loss, human injury, or reputation.
- Lonlogic will host the website if the Client requires us to do so and on receipt of full payment of our Hosting fees. In doing so, Lonlogic will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client
- Where asked to provide search engine optimisationfor a client, Lonlogic do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking visibility on search engines.
Please take the time to fully read the contract and ensure that you understand each point. We will be happy to elaborate on any point should you wish.